- The registration to the programs shall follow the rules of the Graduate School Khon Kaen University. Please visit the Graduate School website to download the application form, prepare documents and follow the admission process. ⇒ https://gs.kku.ac.th/home/index.php/admission-english/admission-how-to-apply.html
- Applicants must also send the electronic forms and attached documents to the KKU Faculty of Dentistry, International Affairs Division via ⇒ firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
- The online interview might be arranged upon request by the course directors.
The preparation course for the first semester of the academic year 2021 (Faculty of Dentistry) will be started around May, 2021. All successful applicants are recommended to attend the preparation course.
|Application period for academic year 2021|
(submit to Faculty of Dentistry, KKU)
|Application results announcement||TBC|
|Classes begin, first semester, the academic year 2021||TBC|
|KKU Scholarship for ASEAN and GMS Countries’ Personnel|
(International grant application) Click
|Grant application result announcement||TBC|
Applicants must be accepted by the program at the Faculty of Dentistry, KKU before applying for the KKU scholarship.
The degree has total courses 40 credits for minimum. It can be divided into two plans:
Plan A is a research-oriented program, and maybe one of two types:
—Type A 1: consists of a thesis course with a minimum credit of 40. The program may assign the study of some courses or non-credits courses but the results should be up to the standard specified by the program.
—* Type A 2: consists of a thesis course with a minimum credit of 12, and other coursework with a minimum credit of 28. The total credits for the whole program should be 40 credits for the minimum.
Plan B is a non-thesis program but requires at least 3 credits and no more than 6 credits for an independent study. The total credits for the whole program should be 40 credits for minimum including the independent study. The program, however, requires a Comprehensive Examination. Most programs are in the Thai curriculum (otherwise, stated).
**Doctoral Degree (please consult the course director)
- Plan A type 1.1, 2.1 = 3 years (For those holding a Master’s Degree)
- Plan A type 1.2, 2.2 = 4 years (For those holding a Bachelor’s Degree)
The total number of credits for the whole program should not be less than 72 credits for those who graduated from a Bachelor’s Degree or Graduate Diploma, whilst those with a Master’s Degree or Postgraduate Diploma should attempt a minimum of 48 credits. The degree can be divided into two types:
Plan A Type 1 is a research-oriented program which expands academic knowledge into new areas. The program may assign the study of some courses or non-credits courses but the results should be up to the standard specified by the program.
—Type 1.1 For those holding a Master’s Degree or equivalent or a Postgraduate Diploma, required to complete a minimum of 48 credits for a thesis.
—Type 1.2 For those holding a Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent, required to complete a minimum of 72 credits for a thesis.
*The thesis in both Type 1.1 and 1.2 must contain the same quality and standards.
Plan A Type 2 is a research-oriented program which requires the students to complete a thesis that is highly academically qualified, and there should be coursework.
—Type 2.1 Those holding a Master’s Degree or equivalent or a Postgraduate Diploma are required to complete a minimum of 36 credits for a thesis, and study other coursework 12 credits for the minimum.
—Type 2.2 Those holding a Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent, are required to complete a minimum of 48 credits for a thesis and study other course work 24 credits for the minimum.
*The thesis in both Type 2.1 and 2.2 must contain the same quality and standards.
To be considered by the director of each program upon application.
1. Has general requirement according to the regulation for the application of the Graduate Study, Khon Kaen University B.E. 2548.
2. Must successfully completed a D.D.S degree or equivalent degree from an accredited dental institution by the Ministry of University Affair and civil organization.
3. For Thai nationality, applicants must have a license to practice dentistry from the Dental Council of Thailand. The International applicants must be approved for a temporary license to practice under the KKU staff’s supervision.
4. One year of dental work experience.
*Condition for M.Sc. in Dentistry (Major in Pediatric Dentistry): At least 3 years working experiences.
5. Has a good academic record and has the GPA at least 2.75/4.00 or equivalent.
6. Has TOEFL score 500, IELTS score 5.5 or equivalent test result. The result is to be active during the admission process. (Within 2 years after the test date).
7. Should not be over 45 years old of age.
(N.B. The administrative committee shall consider an applicant’s qualification, the item 2. – 7. on the basis of an individual’s attached record/documents.)